Anneka at Mrs Crafty B tagged me in a challenge to make a list of 50 things that make me happy. She says it’s harder than you think, so let’s see what I come up with.
Being happy is a wonderful thing, and sometimes it’s not the obvious or big things that stand out. So here are my 50 things that make me happy:
1. The smile on Jasper’s face when I see him first thing in the morning.
2. When Mr Jen makes me a cup of tea.
3. Talking to my Mum about things she remembers from her past that make her happy.
4. When my sister gives me jelly tots for Christmas.
5. Bubble baths when the bubbles are almost overflowing the bath itself.
6. Standing on the shore of Loch Lomond.
7. Climbing a hill.
8. Walking along a quiet sandy beach.
9. When the wind blows the mobile chimes that hang in the window.
10. When my daughters laugh until they have tears in their eyes.
11. When someone buys me flowers for no reason, except that they know I’m going to love them.
12. Listening to tunes that make me want to dance.
13. Being able to read a good book that totally engulfs me.
14. After having a shower, getting in to my bed with fresh bed linen on.
15. Watching the film Babe or Labyrinth.
16. Seeing friends, that even though I may not have seen them for years, it’s like there was no time at all.
17. Sitting on the swing seat in the garden.
18. Dancing without a care.
19. Walking round the garden at my Mother’s house.
20. Playing Pooh sticks.
21. Having a picnic.
22. An unexpected nice piece of post.
23. Shoe shopping.
24. Going for a coffee with either Mr Jen or with the girls.
25. Watching a good street performer.
26. When I give a present to someone and their face lights up with utter delight.
27. Wearing a big floppy jumper.
28. Having cleaned my bathroom from floor to ceiling.
29. Finishing a good book, knowing I have another lined up straight away.
30. When one of the kids tells me they did something they enjoyed, and they seem so chuffed.
31. When Mr Jen takes my hand when we’re out walking or even just sitting at home.
32. When Jasper asks for a hug.
33. When one of my daughter’s compliments me.
35. Looking at the stars on a clear night.
36. Going strawberry picking.
37. Watching black and white old films.
38. Having all the children back together, even for just one day. (half of them are all grown up now).
39. When you try on a dress and feel most fabulous, as opposed to hating yourself in everything you try on.
40. Birthday cards with kind messages in.
41. Going for a walk in Craik forest.
42. Looking through past photos.
43. Having a Sanctuary pamper session.
44. Listening to Dave Brubeck Take Five.
45. When my sister says just the right thing to make me feel more human again.
46. A cup of rose and lavender tea.
47. The top part of a proper cheesecake (particularly that which you can buy in John Lewis café).
48. Coincidently bumping in to someone you know.
49. Family gatherings when I get to see my Mum, brothers, sister, nephews and nieces (and all).
50. Looking through our wedding photos.